Hello and welcome to blog post #50.
This is actually a milestone I’ve been looking forward to. Almost as much as I was looking forward to my first 1000 sessions a month of only natural traffic (meaning organic + people who found my blog on social media organically).
And I am very proud to say that after 9 months of blogging this finally happened.
Here’s what else happened in my November blogging report.This post includes affiliate marketing. If you make a purchase through one of the links I will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
November Blogging Report
I always spend November or December preparing my bullet journal for the next year. And this year was no exception.
About a month ago I got my latest Leuchtturm1917 notebook and I am so happy with the neon pink colors.
I went through the yearly, monthly, and weekly pages and some other spreads like Want vs Needs, Presents Ideas, Financial Goals, Health Goals, etc. And while I still have a few spreads to draw before the year is officially here, this time I intend to leave a large part of it empty so I can experiment with new spreads and create a few new planners for you that will actually be useful.
I also spent some time thinking about my goals for 2022. Yes, I started this early! This is why one of my goals for next year is to spend less time planning and more time actually doing!.
I have 3 new posts for you this month, and I have to say, I enjoyed writing them all. Mostly because they are all about things that are close and relevant to me right now.
So feel free to check them out.
In the previous months I’ve used Facebook blogging threads and other methods to bring traffic to my blog. Why? Because that’s what all blogging courses advertise for new blogs.
But to be completely honest it kind of felt like cheating.
These people didn’t care about my blog or my content. They were simply visiting because they expected me to return the favour. And when you have a new blog these 50 or 100 visits may be exciting, but after a while I realized they are nothing compared to what I am hoping to achieve.
Furthermore, they take too much time to reciprocate. That’s why I’ve decided to give them up and grow my audience organically. To put this into some numbers, here are a few stats from November.
- Sessions: +87%
- Site visitors: +93%
- Organic traffic: +45%, with a +139% increase in GSC impressions and a post ranking on the first page!
- Facebook page: likes +52% and follower +29%
- Pinterest page: impressions +11%, followers +5% and traffic +154%
I’ll have to up my game a bit in November if I want to reach my quarterly goals, but essentially, I’ll have the same priorities as last month.
- Add a few new listings to Etsy. – One done, a new calendar is added as a listing. I also have a few great and more productive ideas.
- Add freebies to the library. – The Winter Activities for toddlers workbook is ready and will be uploaded in a few days, so almost done.
- SEO old posts. – Yes, and I’ve also added a few new affiliate links to help me support my blog.
- Repeat the great blogging stats (Just hoping it’s not a temporary spike).
- Get my bullet journal completely ready for the new year.
- Add a new listing to Etsy.
That’s all for now. If you enjoy my blog feel free to subscribe to my mailing list. Some awesome freebies are waiting for you in the Resource Library.
Have great holidays and talk to you again soon!