People say that life happened when their plans just got messed up.
Well, in my case my March blogging plans got messed up exactly because life happened. In the most literal of ways.
On March 12 my beautiful second daughter was born two weeks before her due date.
So while I wasn’t able to reach most of the goals I set up in the last report, for me March is the happiest and most successful month this year.
Still, when it comes to blogging it wasn’t all bad.
March blogging report
For March I’ve planned to release a few freebies for my readers. I managed to post two of them.
I planned to release another one, however, time didn’t let me finish it I had to postpone it for a while.
Other than that, I continued TwinsMommy’s Ready Set Blog For Traffic course. I still have a few more lectures to go through but I have a ton of notes I can’t wait to apply and see if my traffic will actually increase.
Aside from staying at the hospital and then home with a newborn, due to the COVID-19, all local daycare centres were closed. Needless to say that with a newborn and a toddler around I couldn’t even open my laptop. Let alone do any marketing.
Therefore, as expected, my March stats are not something to be proud of. Especially considering the satisfying launch I had in February.
- Site visits: 72
- Site visitors: 47
- Facebook page: 10 likes and 22 follower
- Pinterest page: 756 impressions and 13 followers
Hopefully, this month I’ll be able to spend more time working on the blog and this will show in the April report.
I love setting goals! They help me get my mind together and stay focused. Here is how I did in March and what I plan to focus on in April.
- Keep learning and finish the blog traffic and Pinterest courses. – I managed to finish them, however, I am yet to apply all the recommendations to the blog and the previous articles.
- Dive deeper into SEO and update old posts – partial success, I did start incorporating SEO in my posts but still haven’t updated the old ones.
- Launch several freebies and start growing a mailing list – almost done, launched the freebies but didn’t get to promote them, so no mailing list for now.
- Schedule posts till the end of April – absolute fail. Luckily, so far I have only one week without any new posts.
- Have a month worth of posts scheduled in advance.
- Create one more freebie and promote all three.
- Start implementing the Ready Set Blog For Traffic tips.
- Start affiliate marketing.
Life happened and now everything is fine
March may not have been the best month when it comes to blogging, but it was the best month I had in a long while. I’ve enjoyed every second of it (or at least of the second part of it) and I’m full of inspiration and motivation to keep going.
All the questions I had and I still have are now forming as posts that would hopefully help other moms in their first weeks with a newborn. So if time and the pandemic allow it, I am absolutely confident that April will be a great month!