Hello again guys! The June blogging report is here meaning that another month has passed. And it was a significant one for me.
Just a few days ago my oldest turned two years old!
When I started this blog I wanted to write about having two under two (I’ve always loved this phrase). And as challenging as these four months have been, I wouldn’t trade them for the world.
But enough about me, here’s what happened with my blog this past month.
June Blogging Report
Last month I mentioned that I’ve managed to plan my posts by the end of July. But after moving forward with my baby development series, I’ve decided that I want to plan more in advance to know when I should publish them.
I also added seasonal posts like fall activities and Christmas content, some posts I’ve been eager to get out there for a while now, and voila! Now I have only 7 slots available in my schedule by the end of the year.
And July has barely started! How crazy is that?
I did my new editorial in Google Sheets so I can access it from my phone and now I sometimes do keyword research on the go which saves me a lot of time since I can only access my computer for a couple of hours a day.
I’ve also signed for Canva Pro, I believe this will reduce the time I spend creating images significantly.
This past month I’ve managed to publish 4 posts (blogging report excluded). I believe they turned out great.
- Sessions: 60 (-19%)
- Site visitors: 49 (-11%)
- Organic traffic: 4 (-50%)
- Average position on Google: 43.4 (-9%)
- Facebook page: 13 likes (+30%) and 29 follower (+32%)
- Pinterest page: 3.21K impressions (-10%) and 37 followers (+9%)
I read somewhere that 80% of blogs fail within the first year. This includes my first blogging attempt as well.
This time I’ve decided that I won’t be part of these 80%. I haven’t been great at meeting my goals lately but I’ve been consistent and I’m glad I’m slowly moving forward.
So here are my 5 goals from before and now.
- Keep 2 posts scheduled at all times. Fail, but I still managed to keep my schedule
- Optimize the website further in terms of speed and UX. Done, I’ve upgraded my speed and design a bit, although I believe I may need to hire someone to take things further.
- No drops in blogging stats. Fail, although to be honest, a lot of people are reporting a significant drop in their Pinterest traffic lately
- Continue posting 1 new pin every day. Done. However, I switched from the organic Pinterest scheduler to Tailwind and now I’m about to try the Canva Pro scheduler as well
- Update the top 3 posts in Google (not giving up on this one). I’ve just made some small SEO adjustments but nothing major, so I guess this one is 50/50.
- Publish all 6 posts I’ve planned (it will be a busy month!).
- Continue posting 1 new pin every day.
- Improve stats.
- Research Instagram (that’s right, I’ve never had an Instagram before but I see people are using it for brand awareness, so…).
- Update some old posts.
That’s it for my June blogging report. I hope to see you around soon.