So a month has passed. A month since I got the courage to start Mom’s Daily Diary and push the Publish button. And as tradition requires, here is my first blogging report.
First off, I want to say a big thanks to ProBlogger’s Start a Blog Course. Thanks to their guidance I was able to launch my blog a month earlier than planned for the International Start a Blog Day on February 7th.
February blogging report
During this first month, I’ve decided that my focus should be on creating content and learning.
I’ve actually started reading about blogging basics a couple of months ago but with the blog live it was a lot easier to see how things could be put in action.
So far I am happy with the following courses:
- ProBlogger’s Start a Blog Course – Took it to help me set up the blog and start on the right foot.
- TwinsMommy’s Ready Set Blog For Traffic – Still going through this one. I decided to take my chances and invest in a blogging course for beginners. This one looked most promising and I have to say so far it meets my expectations.
- SkillShare’s various SEO courses – I found this online courses platform recently and I loved it so much that I even applied for their affiliate program. We’ll see how this will go.
- Tinylovebug’s Pinterest For New Bloggers – This one was a free email course that seemed to provide some really good tips. Unfortunately, life got in the way and I wasn’t able to finish it but I intend to do so as soon as possible.
I was actually hoping to launch my blog with a good 10 articles already available but eventually, I’ve decided that 5 is a good number too.
After the launch, I focused on preparing one post per week. Since my schedule is quite busy at the moment, I’ve decided that one quality post is better than several superficial ones.
Among the posts I liked the most:
- 18 Hobbies For Stressed Out Moms To Try During Naptime
- How To Create Montessori-Inspired Flashcards On A Budget
- How To Use Montessori Flashcards The Right Way
- Everything You Need To Know About Taking Amazing Baby Milestone Photos
To be honest, this is something I haven’t paid much attention to. I think it’s way too early to start worrying about traffic and followers.
Still, for the sake of tracking the progress later on, here are some stats from the 23 days after the launch:
- Site visits: 181
- Site visitors: 93
- Facebook page: 7 likes and 19 follower
- Pinterest page: 529 impressions and 10 followers
I still have no email subscribers but this will be something I will be working on in the following months.
What I am most proud of is the 3 organic search my blog appeared on. Yes, they were no Google, but for a blog this young they made me pretty happy.
Although the posts for March are almost all done and scheduled, my primary focus in the next couple of months will not be the blog.
We’re expecting baby #2 any minute now!
And after she’s born, the newborn stage and the sleep deprivation will hardly leave any time for blogging. Until the moment comes, however, here is what I plan to focus on:
- Keep learning and finish the blog traffic and Pinterest courses.
- Dive deeper into SEO and update old posts
- Launch several freebies and start growing a mailing list
- Schedule posts till the end of April
So that was it, my first Mom’s Daily Diary blogging report. I don’t know if anyone but me is ever going to read this post, but I have to say I am thrilled to be able to write it.
So thank you, to everyone who took the time to check out my blog in this past month and cheers to a bright future ahead.
I just started a blog as well and it’s so nice to be able to see your journey from the very beginning!
Thank you! I actually really enjoy writing these reports so if my blog makes it one day I’ll be able to track my path. I would love to check your blog too.