What happens when you put together motivation and effort? Anyone? I’ll tell you!
You get results!
Yes, my blog is finally getting some traction. Maybe it’s because I started taking it seriously, maybe it’s because the website passed the critical 6-month mark. Whatever the reason, you can see the results in my August Bogging Report stats below.
August Blogging Report
This past month was all about getting my blog noticed. I finally launched my Resource Library and so far I am very happy with the results compared to my previous setup.
I also got more active on Facebook and Pinterest. I had my social media strategy ready at the beginning of the month, stuck to it throughout, and the results are already showing.
Want to know what I learned in the process?
1. Other bloggers aren’t just your competition. They can be your assets as well.
I did a lot of networking this month and it got me several guest post opportunities to start establishing my authority, a coaching session that opened my eyes to new possibilities, and a lot of valuable insights I wouldn’t have thought about.
2. Running ads isn’t cheating. It’s marketing! Apparently, pretty much all bloggers do it.
They talk about organic reach, how they had 100,000 pageviews after a couple of months blogging, but the reality is that running ads is not something to be ashamed of. It’s a way of reaching out to potential loyal followers that otherwise wouldn’t have known you exist.
I ran one 5-day Facebook ads campaign this month and my engagement is still under its momentum weeks after the ad is no longer active.
In terms of productivity, August was a very good month. I managed to keep my schedule of 1 post per week and submit some guest posts on top of that. Here is what’s new on my blog.
As I mentioned, I had my first guest posts this month as well. Feel free to pay them a visit.
- Best Habits for Keeping Your Home Neat Around Kids at BestOf.Blog
- 19 Ways to Keeping Kids Busy While Working From Home! at WAHMlife.com
Last month was awesome, did I mention that already? So my August blogging report wouldn’t be completed if I don’t share my progress with you!
- Sessions: +298% (btw, my goal is to raise my sessions by 25% each month, so this is thrilling)
- Site visitors: +344%
- Organic traffic: +775% (still in the double digits, so don’t wow here)
- Average position on Google: I’ve decided I won’t track this anymore, because new posts need time to rank so it’s not really accurate.
- Facebook page: likes +187% and follower +159%
- Pinterest page: impressions +71%, followers +48% and engagements +141%
- Create and promote a Resource library. – done
- Compile and start following a social media marketing strategy. – and double done!
This month I joined a ConvertKit challenge, so my goals are also set accordingly:
- Grow my email list
- Break down quarterly goals into small actionable tasks
- Keep pitching for backlinks
I’m tempted to add growing my Instagram to the list because I know my audience is spending a lot of time there but I’ve never used it in my personal life and it kind of gives me the creeps!
That’s about it! How about you, how was your month?
Amazing achievement! Thanks for sharing. It’s encouraging to read how persistence and hard work pays off.
I’m glad it inspires you. Hard work does pay off so don’t give up if you don’t see immediate results as a new blogger.
Your stats look amazing! Breaking down quarterly goals into smaller tasks is so beneficial!
Thank you! I recently started applying this and it has been so beneficial!
Gosh this was such good motivation for me. I haven’t in over a year and really need some motivation.
I’m so glad to hear this. Keep it up, as long as you’re consistent results will come.