Do you have a blog? How much time do you spend on it?
When I started my blog 3 months ago I believed I will be able to juggle between a baby, a toddler, the house, and the blog. And it’s all fine when the toddler is at the day care and the baby is napping.
Unfortunately, with the pandemic situation daycare centers keep closing and opening and in the meantime I have a colicky baby at home.
In essence, I can barely spend 5-10 hours a week working on the blog. And it’s pretty far from enough.
April blogging report
While I haven’t had time to sit down and write as much as I wanted, I’ve been able to keep learning SEO by listening to podcasts while I do my chores around the house.
And it was my very first time listening to podcast, actually.
What makes me proud, however, is that although I get hardly any traffic since I don’t have time for social media, Google already took my website out of the sandbox.
I’ve been getting a bunch of impressions and a few clicks from Google, which I believe is awesome for a blog that is barely a couple of months old.
My next step is to update the old posts that are already ranking. And do this without skipping on my weekly posts.
And when I mentioned weekly posts, here is what I prepared this month.
Since I haven’t done almost any promotion this past month, my page views are lower than last month. I do have my first organic visitors, though. So, Hurray Google!
What’s more interesting is that my Pinterest followers grew a bit, even though I haven’t been pinning at all.
Here are my April stats and how do they differ from the previous month.
- Site visits: 45 (-42%)
- Site visitors: 29 (-38%)
- Facebook page: 10 likes (0%) and 22 follower (0%)
- Pinterest page: 552 impressions (-27%) and 21 followers (+62%)
Unfortunately, April was another month when I failed to complete my goals to my satisfaction.
I am not ready to give up, though. Blogging with kids around may be more difficult than I expected but if others can do it, so can I!
- Have a month worth of posts scheduled in advance. – big fail. I had a hard time even keeping up with the weekly posts.
- Create one more freebie and promote all three. – I’ve created two more freebies actually but unfortunately I haven’t got time to promote. Thus, I’m still nowhere with my email list.
- Start implementing the Ready Set Blog For Traffic tips. – I’ve implemented the SEO tips for all new posts. Still behind on Pinterest though.
- Schedule posts till the end of June.
- Update the top 3 posts in Google.
- Start affiliate marketing.
That’s about it for my April blogging report. Have a great day everyone and thanks for stopping by!